Host a movie night for students!
Going to the movies is a fun activity – why not bring it to school? Poll students about what movie they’d like to see and offer a showing. Or, go vintage with throwback showings of favorite childhood favorites.
Consider inviting family members and educators to attend too! Make sure your movie choice is family-friendly, and consider offering childcare.
Tips & Suggestions:
- This event can double as a fundraiser if you sell snacks and refreshments.
- A more serious version of this project could center around documentaries and discussion groups.
- Participating in fun activities at school is a great way to promote bonding and fosters a sense of belonging in students (Ayers et al., 2005).
- Experiencing more positive emotions at school increases individuals’ capacity for learning (Fredrickson & Joiner, 2002).
- When schools offer activities and resources outside of traditional academics students benefit academically and socially (Fredricks & Eccles, 2005).