Students can have a true lunch break while playing fun games with one another.
Organize a day of games and events during lunch periods. Offer video games, ping-pong, karaoke, sports, or board games! This project will give students the opportunity to take advantage of their lunch break to socialize with and meet other students.
Tips & Suggestions:
- To get administrators and faculty on board, present your arguments for why programs like this are important and benefit student life. See the “Fast Facts” section below for ideas.
- Customize your activities for the size of lunch groups and the length of lunch.
- Eating lunch with others fosters community integration and improves social well-being (Julier, 2013).
- Participating in fun activities while at school encourages student bonding and promotes a sense of belonging (Ayers et al., 2005).
- Playing games in a group setting promotes social and emotional learning (Hromek & Roffey, 2009).