Create a bulletin board with photos of students and a little-known fact to help students get to know each other.
Decorate your school with connectivity! Ask each student to contribute a selfie or photo (or offer to take their picture) and an interesting or little-known fact. Hang them up in an area of school where everyone can see and learn more about their peers!
Tips & Suggestions:
- This project pairs well with the Humans Of project!
- Include staff, too, on the same board or a separate one.
- This activity is also fun with baby pictures!
- Increasing social connectivity in schools fosters higher levels of student engagement and academic achievement (Cothran & Ennis, 1999).
- High school students often describe feeling anonymous and powerless at school (Pope, 2001).
- Studies show that getting to know people can make you happier (Epley & Schroeder, 2014).