Create a school culture around spreading encouraging words.
Work with your inspirED team to choose encouraging words or a phrase to share with the student body. Then, post it everywhere – through social media, via hashtag, on the announcements, and on the walls! Spread positivity by sharing words of encouragement with fellow students and staff at school.
Tips & Suggestions:
- Choose new words or phrase every week or month to keep momentum.
- Ask members of your school community to submit suggestions for encouraging words.
- Get creative with how you spread your encouraging words!
- Empathy building within the classroom allows for stronger and more productive relationships between students and teachers (Jennings and Greenberg, 2009).
- Schools with a stronger sense of community identity help promote the positive development of identity in individual students (Rich and Schachter, 2012).
- Unifying phrases help communicate that everyone in the school is committed to strengthening the community together (Bredeson, 2000).