Imagine walking into school in the morning. You feel a sense of excitement as you anticipate what the day will bring. Your friends greet you, seeming happy to see you. You all are energized by what’s to come. As you go about your day, you are engaged and fulfilled by your work. Your teachers seem happy, and you feel connected to the topics discussed in class.
Sound like a dream? It doesn’t have to be. At inspirED, we’re committed to making this dream, shared by you and so many others like you, a reality.
Imagine creating something that makes a difference not only for you, but for others in your community.
Imagine being able to turn your “I can’t” into “I made this happen.”
In 2015, Facebook and the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence created inspirED to help you feel the way you want to feel in school and in your community. The skills of emotional intelligence can benefit everyone, no matter who you are and what you want to achieve. That’s why inspirED features fresh ideas and inspiration for all people, all ages. And we’re just getting started. Keep reading to find your inspiration and get involved.
What Can I Do? Finding Your Inspiration
How Do I Do It? Taking Action
- If you haven’t already, check out the resources here.
- Start an inspirED team at your school using this as a guide.
- If you or others at your school are already doing great work to build positive emotional climate, you can apply for the inspirED Award to win up to $10,000 for your school. Hurry–you must apply by April 25th!
- Join our inspirED Changemakers group on Facebook to connect with others interested in creating positive change.
- We’re always looking for fresh ideas! If you have an idea, resource, or activity you’d like to share with the world, we’d love to talk about putting it up on the site. We’d credit you, of course! Let us know by emailing inspirED@yale.edu