Many people know of sitting meditation. Consider this walking meditation that will help you get in touch with your emotions and feel more balanced. Here are some tips:
- Walking meditations are best done outside or in a spacious room.
- Set aside at least 20 minutes.
- Minimize distractions by muting your phone or leaving it behind.
- Choose a walking path that you are familiar with.
- Begin walking at a slow, comfortable pace.
- As thoughts come to your mind, gently let them go and return your focus to your surroundings.
- When you feel ready, focus on the sensations you feel in your body (toes, ankles, knees, legs, shoulders, elbows, hands, neck, jaw, and face).
- Remember to breathe deeply and find a comfortable breath rhythm.
Tips and Suggestions:
- Walk for as long as you’d like! Don’t be afraid to work your way up to longer meditations.
- For added benefit, make a list of the things that you noticed on your walk once you’ve returned.