Draft a plan to start your own project. Find your passion and go for it!
- To find something you are passionate about ask yourself, “What am I curious about?” Maybe you are curious about the environment, animals, human rights, education policy, coding, or dance.
- Brainstorm ways to address your curiosity. Ask yourself, “What can I do to help?” or “What is needed most?” Some of the greatest ideas are those that solve an identifiable problem or meet some need.
- Form a team of friends who can offer their skills to build your project.
- Find a mentor or professional to give you additional guidance. They should be someone with expertise in your field.
- Draft an action plan of what your goals are and how to accomplish them.
- Apply for student-oriented grants from organizations that want to sponsor
- Get started! Keep a record of your observations, successes, and challenges. Check back with your original goals frequently to re-evaluate your progress.